Dichotomygirl

Sparks: The Epic, Completely True Blue, (Almost) Holy Quest of Debbie
S.J. Adams
Life After Life
Kate Atkinson
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
Patrick Ness
Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins I confess, this is not a book I would normally read. Though I read a lot of YA, I usually stick to the science fiction / fantasy part of the spectrum, and I'm not a big fan of romance no matter which age is targeted. But I needed to read a young adult book that focused on romance for a Reading Challenge I am in, and so I reserved this one from my library.By the time it came in, I had actually found a different book to read for the challenge, but I when I opened this book up, it caught my interest immediately, so much so that I started it in the morning, and stayed up late to finish it.This book is everything that is good about straight YA, avoiding the trite, unbelievable and nauseating qualities that usually cause me to avoid it. And it's actually a stand alone. A move I heartily applaud and endorse!I'm looking forward to reading more from this author, and have in fact put her on the very short list of straight YA Author's I am interested in reading. (Now Sarah Dessen doesn't have to be so lonely)