Dichotomygirl

Sparks: The Epic, Completely True Blue, (Almost) Holy Quest of Debbie
S.J. Adams
Life After Life
Kate Atkinson
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
Patrick Ness
Terrier - Tamora Pierce Naughty Naughty Michelle, here I go to update my review of a previously read book only to find that I never reviewed it!I am a big fan of Tamora Pierce, I love that she writes about strong female characters, and I love how her stories are NOT focused on romance and sex. (though they may contain them).I originally read this book several years back along with it's sequel, and am now rereading both of them as the third book in the series has been released.From the Book description: Beka Cooper is a rookie with the law-enforcing Provost's Guard, and she's been assigned to the Lower City. It's a tough beat that's about to get tougher, as Beka's limited ability to communicate with the dead clues her in to an underworld conspiracy. Someone close to Beka is using dark magic to profit from the Lower City's criminal enterprises--and the result is a crime wave the likes of which the Provost's Guard has never seen before.Beka is a fun character, having been born poor she's tough and ambitious, but is also shy and idealistic and often doubts herself. If you are a fan of Fantasy and have never read any Tamora Pierce, this series is a great place to start. ( I also really enjoyed Alanna: The First Adventure)