Dichotomygirl

Sparks: The Epic, Completely True Blue, (Almost) Holy Quest of Debbie
S.J. Adams
Life After Life
Kate Atkinson
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
Patrick Ness
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn - Alison Goodman 4.5 Stars I get so excited when I read something different. So this book was a welcome find for me.I loved the concept of the dragon magic, and the Chinese/Japenese-esque culture. And though I am all for a good love story, I found the lack of instalove or the ever popular love triangle a much welcome change.One of my favorite thing about this book was the way the author developed the Secondary characters. Lady Dela the Contraire and her Shadow Man guard. I love the hint that they are in love The prince who although a sympathetic character nevertheless acts in a manner true to a royal heir his physical violence when questioned, beaten at sword practice, etc. . And Eon's Master who owns her, and uses her, and cripples her for his own ambition, is not shown as a singularly bad guy. witness his kindness to Chart, and love for Eona Reading a book with good character development leaves me feeling like I haven't just been entertaining myself, but that I've been participating in a study of human nature.From the Description: Sixteen-year-old Eon has a dream, and a mission. For years, he's been studying sword-work and magic, toward one end. He and his master hope that he will be chosen as a Dragoneye-an apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons of good fortune.But Eon has a dangerous secret. He is actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been masquerading as a twelve-year-old boy. Females are forbidden to use Dragon Magic; if anyone discovers she has been hiding in plain sight, her death is assured.When Eon's secret threatens to come to light, she and her allies are plunged into grave danger and a deadly struggle for the Imperial throne. Eon must find the strength and inner power to battle those who want to take her magic...and her life.