Dichotomygirl

Sparks: The Epic, Completely True Blue, (Almost) Holy Quest of Debbie
S.J. Adams
Life After Life
Kate Atkinson
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
Patrick Ness
January First: A Child's Descent into Madness and Her Father's Struggle to Save Her - Michael Schofield "Ok, I really hope the Dad (who's telling the story) gets less irritating. I get it that you don't know yet that your child is Schizophrenic. But being an off the wall "genius" wouldn't give her license to have no manners and treat people badly. And taking it all out on your wife...douchey!"Those were my thoughts after reading 11% of the book, and unfortunately they didn't change much.Though you can't help feeling sorry for the poor little girl in the story, it's hard to get past the sheer judgement and frustration that gurgles up for the parents, just a few thoughts:1. Having a 2nd child when you know that 1st child is severely emotionally disturbed and violent, is the height of irresponsibility and child endangerment.2. Expecting the public school system to put the needs of your child above all other children, (not caring if they are put in danger, or aren't getting the education they need) is extremely self-centered.3. Going on and on about how HE is the only one who can understand his Daughter and nobody knows her or loves her like HE does, and only he can save her / fix her,(his wife is completely useless you understand) leads one to believe that the father himself suffers from some mental issues beyond the depression he discloses. At the very least he is the epitome of narcissism and arrogance.Still, the book was quite the page-turner, and I stayed up past midnight to finish it, so I'll reluctantly give it 3 stars.